I love listening to music. But I haven’t always had good luck with earbuds at a good price. So I decided to look into the best earbuds under $150.
The best earbuds under $150 are the SAMSUNG Galaxy Buds Live True Wireless Earbuds Active Noise Cancelling. These feature outstanding audio quality and deep bass, and a true noise-canceling feature that actually works.
I think you’ll agree with me that headphones, earbuds, and earphones can be a confusing topic for everyone outside the pro audio industry.
Some of us don’t know the difference between earbuds and earphones.
We also don’t know what constitutes a good one from a bad one. Why do some earbuds fall out easily while others are uncomfortable to wear?
Luckily there are simple answers to those questions.
There are also a lot of great earbuds under the $150 price point out there. Earbuds that sound amazing while being kinder to your wallet.
In this post, we’re diving deep into the world of earbuds and earphones. We’ll answer the top questions surrounding them to take away the mystery so you can make the most informed decision for your needs.
Specifically, though, we’re looking at the best earbuds under 150.
Without further ado, here are the . . .
11 Best Earbuds Under 150
1. Meidong Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones V5.0 KY06 in-Ear Earphones
About $25 – Sweatproof-Prevent sweat, splashes from damaging headphones
- Sweatproof & sports-friendly
- 8.5-hour music playback and 40-hour standby
- Charge through micro USB
2. MEE audio EarBoost EB1 Bluetooth wireless adaptive audio enhancement earphones
Just under $80 – Perfect star rating on Amazon Prime (under 50 reviews)
- Use the EarBoost iOS/Android companion app to calibrate your EB1 earphones to your ears
- Features Qualcomm® aptX™ Low Latency technology to improve sound quality
- Bluetooth wireless
- Built-in microphone and remote
3. HydroActive Short-Cord Waterproof Headphone
Just under $100 – Near-perfect reviews on Amazon Prime (over 300 reviews)
- Waterproof – perfect for swimming, boating or other water sports
- Ships with 11 different earbud tips in 4 styles – each style is designed to help different ear shapes for different activities
4. SAMSUNG Galaxy Buds Live True Wireless Earbuds Active Noise Cancelling
Just under $100 – Near-perfect reviews on Amazon Prime (over 25,000 reviews)
I have purchased these twice (lost the 1st pair). They are fantastic and a great price! Unlike some so-called noise-canceling headphones, these actually do cut the background noise significantly.
- Free app allows you to turn the noise canceling on or off and shows you the charge level of the earbuds and case
- Active noise canceling that really works (many claim this and you can’t hardly tell)
- Up to 8 hours of non-stop listening and overall great battery life
- AKG-tuned 12mm speaker and enhanced bass tone play everything in studio-quality sound
- Wireless charging just by placing them in the case
Works with any phone despite the Galaxy name; Android phones as well as iPhones.
5. SHURE Sound Isolating Earphones SE215
Just under $100 – Great star-rating on Amazon (over 4000 reviews + free shipping)
- Dynamic MicroDriver Detailed Sound with Enhanced Bass, Newly Tuned for Extended Low-Frequency Response
- Sound Isolating Design blocks up to 37 dB of ambient noise
- Gold plated MMCX Connector has a lock-snap mechanism allowing 360-degree rotation for a comfortable fit
- Optimized cable length of 46” (detachable)
6. SoundMAGIC E11C Sound Isolating In-Ear Headphones
Just under $50 – Only 4 and 5-star reviews on Amazon Prime (over 150 reviews)
- New upgraded 10mm neodymium driver and silver plated copper cable with angled plug
- Protective bend/stress relief for cable connections
- Built-in microphone and remote with volume control for play/stop music and answer/end calls.
- Full compatibility with Apple and Android smartphones
- An Amazon’s Choice product
7. FiiO FD1 Hi-Res Earphone Wired
Just under $60 – Great star rating on Amazon Prime (over 450 reviews)
- Dynamic driver is made of high-end beryllium
- Hi-Resolution Audio Certified for frequency response up to 40kHz
- Gold-plated aluminum alloy retaining ring and sound tube
- Cable made of braided Litz wires for improved bass, hauntingly realistic vocals, as well as obviously promoted sound quality.
9. TOZO TWS Black Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Headphones
Just under $30 – Perfect star rating on Amazon Prime (over 200,000 reviews)
- One-step Pairing – They are easy to connect without pressing any buttons
- Bluetooth 40 foot range, and up to 100 feet when in line of sight
- Amazing Bass Performance with 6mm Large Size Speaker Driver
- 6 HOURS Playtime & 24 extra hours in the compact charging case
- Waterproof earbuds and case
Looking for some great-sounding cheap earbuds? Look no further These are what you want.
10. 1MORE Triple Driver in-Ear Earphones
Just under $50 – Good star rating on Amazon Prime (almost 12,000 reviews)
- 3 DRIVERS- Designed to “deliver an extremely accurate listening experience with unsurpassed dynamic power and clarity from deep bass to sizzling highs.”
- TUNED BY A GRAMMY AWARD WINNING SOUND ENGINEER- 1MORE worked with producer, mixer/sound engineer Luca Bignardi to “perfect the final tuning to deliver a precise representation of your favorite artist’s intended sound.”
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN- Designed for maximum comfort while delivering maximum sound, these actually come with 9 different tips to choose from so you can custom fit to your ears. “More comfortable and less likely to fall out, freeing you to enjoy your music.”
- INTELLIGENT CONTROLS – The in-line remote is easily accessed to allow effortless volume control, song selection, and switch to make or take calls. Independent ground wires “eliminate cross-talk and background static.”
11. Beats Studio Buds – True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds – Compatible with Apple & Android
Just under $100 – Near-perfect star rating on Amazon (over 50,000 reviews)
- Built-in Microphone
- IPX4 Rating
- Sweat Resistant
- An Amazon’s Choice product
- Three soft eartip sizes for a stable and comfortable fit
- Up to 8 hours of listening time
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between earbuds and earphones?
The differences between earbuds & earphones are simply that earphones go inside the ear canal, whereas earbuds sit outside the ear canal. That being said, some earbuds lack the bass response of traditional headphones and earphones.
Compared to the clunky around-the-ear headphones of the 1970s, which have been making a comeback, earbuds and earphones are tiny.
While there are distinct differences between earbuds and earphones, they are very similar.
But what you may lack in the low end, you more than make up for in price, so ultimately it can come down to affordability vs the quality of the sound.
Which brand is best for earphones?
The best brand of earphones are:
Those links take you to their top-rated earbuds on Amazon, so if you want to learn more about any of them, just click over to Amazon to check them out.
Are Apple AirPods any good?
Apple AirPods are very good, especially if you get the AirPods Pro, rather than a 1st or 2nd generation set of AirPods. On Amazon, they have almost 200,000 reviews and most are 4 and 5 stars.
But don’t take my word for it. Take a look at all those reviews on Amazon. But if you’ve been living under a rock, you might be wondering what AirPods are.
They are Apple’s entry into the wireless earbud market.
They do rely heavily on Siri to control the music options. But Android users can still use AirPods and get most of the same features out of them.
They connect to your phone via Bluetooth, and while the sound quality won’t equal a nice pair of wired headphones, they actually sound really good. The days of thin, tinny-sounding audio with little to no bass-response are over!
Another cool aspect is that once you’ve paired them with your phone, they’ll automatically connect each time you put them in. Then they also disconnect automatically when you take them out (and removing 1 will pause your music).
Battery life is about 5 hours and they recharge automatically in the case they come in. The case charges via the lightning port. When fully charged, the case can charge up your AirPods about 4 times.
15 minutes of charging gets you about 3 hours of battery life, so they don’t take long to charge back up.
Like a lot of Apple products, they have come out with newer models making the owners of the previous versions feel like they need to upgrade.
True, the newer versions have in-line remote controls. But, in truth, the older models of AirPods are still great.
What are the best true wireless earbuds? (not necessarily under $150)
Wireless ear buds are becoming increasingly popular due to their convenience and portability. They offer a great way to listen to music, podcasts, and other audio without the hassle of cords. But with so many options on the market, it can be difficult to know which ones are the best.
Here are some of the best wireless earbuds available today. (Just click any link to see the current price on Amazon).
Apple AirPods Pro are one of the most popular wireless ear buds on the market.
This pair of earbuds feature great sound, active noise cancellation, adjustable fit, and sweat and water resistance. The sound quality is excellent and they offer up to five hours of listening time on a single charge. They also come with a charging case that provides an additional 24 hours of battery life.
The Jabra Elite 75t is another great option for wireless ear buds.
They offer up to seven and a half hours of listening time on a single charge and come with a charging case that provides an additional 28 hours of battery life. The sound quality is excellent and they feature four microphones for clear calls even in noisy environments. They also have an IP55 rating for dust and water resistance.
The Sony WF-1000XM3 is another great choice for wireless ear buds.
Like the previous model the Sony WF-1000xm, they feature active noise cancellation technology, up to six hours of listening time on a single charge, and come with a charging case that provides an additional 18 hours of battery life. The sound quality is excellent and they have touch controls for easy access to your music or phone calls.
Finally, the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds are another great option for a pair of wireless ear buds.
They feature active noise cancellation technology, up to six hours of listening time on a single charge, and come with a charging case that provides an additional 18 hours of battery life. The sound quality is excellent and they have touch controls for easy access to your music or phone calls as well as voice assistant support from Alexa or Google Assistant.
Overall, there are many great options when it comes to wireless ear buds today so it’s important to do your research before making your purchase decision in order to find the best one for you needs.
What are the best earbuds to buy?
The best earbuds to buy would be:
- Current model Apple AirPods
- Purity True Wireless Earbuds
- JAKO Wireless Waterproof Earbuds
- AUKEY Bluetooth In-ear Headphones
- TOZO Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- ENACFIRE E60 Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
Bear in mind the word “best” is pretty subjective.
But if we ignore price for the moment and focus solely on product reviews for sound quality, my favorite of those is the TOZO TWS Black Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Headphones (click to see current price on Amazon).
These amazing earbuds feature:
- ONE-STEP BLUETOOTH PAIRING – They are easy to connect without pressing any buttons. Just take them out of the charging case, let them pair each other automatically, in a matter of seconds.
- WATERPROOF – Up to 3 feet deep for up to 30 minutes for both the earbuds and charging case
- 40 FOOT WIRELESS RANGE– No wire connections at all and the connection is strong for 40 ft (Bluetooth 5.0 support), and if you are in the line of sight, many users reported a range of over 100 feet.
- STRONG BATTERY – Get over 6 hours of playtime from just 1 charge, plus 24 additional hours in the charging case.
An Amazon Prime product and an Amazon’s Choice product make this one a no-brainer.
Which earphone is best for bass?
Some of the best earphones for bass include:
- AMZSMT Bluetooth Earbuds with Deep Bass
- Mpow Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds with Bass+ and Noise Cancellation
- ZLBBM Bluetooth Waterproof, Wireless Earbuds with Pumping Bass
- VEATOOL Wireless, Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds
- TaoTronics Bluetooth Wireless Waterproof Earbuds with Noise Cancellation
- ENACFIRE GEEK Wireless Bluetooth Waterproof Earbuds with Noise Cancellation
Cheesy pop songs aside, it really is all about that bass.
After all, who wants to hear their music on thin-sounding tinny headphones?
But of all those I just listed, listening, going through reviews, looking at not only the total star-rating but the percentage of 1 and 2 stars, the one earphone that stands out is the Mpow Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds with Bass+ and Noise Cancellation.
And the best part is they are currently well under $50 bucks on Walmart.
Just click that link to see the current price on Walmart.
The Mpow earphones feature:
- Punchy Bass, HD Sound, and noise cancellation
- 28 hours non-stop music and 10 minute fast charge
- Waterproof for sports
- An Amazon Choice product with no reviews currently lower than 4-stars
Are Beats worth it?
Beats aren’t worth the steep asking price as you can easily find alternatives that sound as good or better for a lower dollar amount. Beats make both over-ear headphones and earbuds with an average price range of $49 to $249 for earbuds and headphones from $91 to $299.
But let me be clear; they sound great.
They are just pricey compared to other great-sounding earbuds and over-ear headphones. So if you want Beats, just know you’re paying for the name and the style as much as the sound.
If you aren’t familiar, Beats is a company founded by hip-hop star Dr. Dre and record producer/co-founder of Interscope Records, Jimmy Iovine.
They make traditional headphones, earbuds/earphones, speakers, and more. And yes, they do make some higher-end products well into the hundreds of dollars.
That being said, they do have a number of earbuds and earphones on Amazon between 4 and 5 stars for well under $100.
In fact, their top-rated earbud/earphone is the Beats Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earphones (click to see current price on Amazon) which has an excellent star rating on Amazon, is an Amazon Choice product and is currently WELL under $300 bucks.
Tangle-free cable, easy switching between music and phone, and 4 pairs of tips for a more custom fit.
That being said, they also have a number of items on Amazon ranging from 1-3 stars, so as with any purchase, use caution, read reviews, and do your homework.
The best-rated Beats over-ear headphones on Amazon Prime is the Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones (click to see on Amazon), coming in at almost 5 stars, over 7,000 reviews.
Featuring multiple color choices, 40 hours of battery life, Fast Fuel 5-minute charging option, and wireless Bluetooth!
Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
So now that we’ve answered the basics and addressed some of the questions that come along when searching for the best earbuds under 150, let’s dive in.
In this post, we dove deep into what earbuds are.
We also looked at the difference between earbuds and earphones. Specifically, though, we looked at the best earbuds under 150.
Everyone’s needs are different. A DJ has different needs than a pro audio mixer, a middle class dad hitting the gym before work or a college student who wants to listen to music while studying.
Ultimately with earbuds or earphones, the differences often come down to balancing price and audio quality. And the best earbuds under 150 on this list represent the best balance between those 2 needs.
Did we leave out one of your favorites? Any other best earbuds under 150 we could add to the list?
Some of the images used in this post were acquired from the web and are considered “fair use” under US Copyright law given this post is for the purposes of reviewing these products. That being said if the original photographer prefers us to not use their photo, we will happily swap them out upon being contacted.